|Mr. Mark Westmoreland|
I cannot believe that we are at half term already, but I hope you make the most of the week ahead and recharge your batteries together with your child/ren.
Mrs. Shields, our FS Leader, leaves us today after many years’ excellent service at Bielefeld School. We thank her for her hard work and dedication and wish her and her lovely family well for the future. She will be missed.
I would also like to inform you that Miss Barker, our KS1 Leader, will be leaving at the end of term. Miss Barker has gained a thoroughly deserved promotion as Assistant Headteacher at a UK school. I know she will be successful in her new post, and I am sure you will all join me in congratulating her. Interviews for replacement teachers will be taking place in the near future and we will keep you informed.
We must also say a sad farewell to Mrs Burton as she leaves us at the end of this half term. She has been an invaluable member of the Year 6 team and will be greatly missed by staff and children alike. We wish her all the best in her move and future teaching.
As most of you will know we have been working hard behind the scenes to improve after school and before school provision. To this end we have set up a Breakfast Club which was due to start the first Monday back (June 2nd). Unfortunately, after having an early expression of interest for over 24 children, we have only had 5 confirmed Breakfast Club requests for places. To make Breakfast Club a viable proposition, we plainly need more children. Whilst a number of parents have expressed interest from September onwards, if we are to run it for the remainder of the term, we need your support and we need children to attend. If you would like your child/ren to attend breakfast club, starting on Monday 9th June, please contact the school office by Wednesday 4th June, otherwise the facility will be lost before it has started.
Dates for your diary:
- Friday 6th June, FOBs World Cup Disco
- Friday 27th June, Camo Day (Children to attend in ‘camo’ gear)
- Monday 30th June, INSET Day- School closed for children
- Monday 7th July, Report out to parents
- Tuesday 8th July, Childrens’ University Graduation ceremony
- Wednesday 9th July, Sports Day and Family Picnic Lunch
- Monday 14th July, Meet the new teacher session for children
- Wednesday 16th July, 1500 hrs, SGC meeting
- Friday 18th July, 1315 hrs, last day of term- Non-uniform/Mufti day
- Monday 1st September 2014- INSET Day and new intake registration (1330-15.00)
- Tuesday 2nd September 2014 First day back/ start of Autumn Term 2014 (children in school).