|3D Shapes in Mathematics|
In mathematics this week Mr.Kerray's set has been working on subtraction of tens and units with and without exchanging; using an economic strategy! Mr.Askew's set have been investigating 3-D shape and their properties.
In computing the children have used Microsoft Publisher to create Diwali cards.
In R.E. we are continuing with our weekly Laxmi puja and have studied the composition of the Hindu Trimurti:Brahma,Vishnu and Shiva. We had a lovely 'Diwali' morning, celebrating the victory of light over darkness; where we tasted some Indian foods and celebrated with Diwali activities.
Mr.Fidler with the children this week produced pin hole cameras continuing our theme of light and dark.
We were also treated to a session of Indonesian Gamelan playing from a Gamelan expert from U.K.
If you feel you need to discuss any issues with us please don't hesitate to get in touch. We hope you all have a relaxing and fruitful half term.
- Remember to continue reading daily with your child, 10 minutes daily practice will really help them to improve.
- You could also discuss together the book you have read, again this is an important reading skill that
- the children need to develop.
- *Please keep signing your child's journal to indicate that you have read with your child.* Many thanks.
- Please bring PE kits into school on Monday, we will send them home on Friday.
Many thanks for your support Mr Askew and Mr Kerray