|Being a Roman Soldier / Germanic Tribes Person|
We found out about the battle that took place there in 9AD, where 3 Roman legions were defeated by the Germanic tribes.
Some of the children had the opportunity to try on some replica clothing from both the Germanic tribes & Roman soldiers.
The children also learnt about the archaeological site and the artefacts found from the 1980s onwards, which is how we now know where this battle took place.
|Learning how Roman Legions marched|
In Maths, Mrs Scannell’s group have continued to look at fractions of objects and have progressed onto fractions of numbers. They have a homework activity linked to this. Mrs Pond-Barrett’s group have also been working on fractions. They have been finding equivalent fractions and reducing fractions to their simplest form. They also have a homework activity related to fractions.
Homework – Please see homework folders.
- Maths – Please continue working on recalling times table facts with corresponding division facts.
- Mrs Pond-Barrett’s group – The children have a fractions game to play. The children need to match the equivalent fractions. Please see game instructions.
- Mrs Scannell’s group – The children also have a fractions activity to complete. They need to find fractions of numbers.
- Spelling – A new set of spelling words will be sent home on Monday.
- Reading – Please remember to continue to listen to your child read at least 5 times a week and record this in their journals. We have noticed that there are some children that have no entries written into their journals, which makes it appear that they are not reading at home.
Thank you for your continued support. Mrs Pond-Barrett and Mrs Scannell