They’ve been working really hard in these first few sessions, we hope that they’ve WOWED you at home with their playing of ’12 bar blues’ and ‘5 Little Monkeys’.
In Literacy this week, we have focussed on a newspaper report about Augustus Gloop winning the first Golden Ticket. We have been writing headlines about the 5 Golden Ticket winners that are short and snappy, include alliteration, rhyme or a play on words.
We have also been identifying the ‘5 Ws’ (Who? What? Where? When? and Why?) about the 5 Golden Ticket winners and used one of these to write an opening to a newspaper report.
Mrs Scannell’s group have further developed their understanding of place value in 3-digit and 4-digit numbers. They have then used this understanding when multiplying and dividing by 10.
During Art, the children have begun to create 3D totem pole! Each child is working on their piece that will form part of a class totem pole. They have been carefully following the designs they drew last week and using different thicknesses of card to ‘build’ the layers needed to create a 3D effect.
Don’t forget!! – Year 4 start their swimming sessions next week, so they will need their swimming kit with them on Thursday.
- Maths – To be completed and returned to school no later than Thursday 5th February.
- Mrs Pond-Barrett’s group have a multiplication to complete.
- Mrs Scannell’s group have an activity to complete with some further questions involving place value.
- Reading – Please continue to listen to your child read at least 5 times a week and record any reading that they do in their journals.
- Spellings – A new set of spelling words will be sent home on Monday. – Spelling folders need to returned to school by Friday